Love & Kindness Wellness
Wellness is holistic and encompasses many areas.
We believe in the Wellness of the Community.
Let us help you navigate your wellness journey!
Our mission is to create access to quality mental health care and wellness services to people of color and traditionally under resourced communities.
We love and embrace our clients and staff, centering on their humanity, unique innate gifts, and divinity. We strive to have folks feel seen, heard, and valued without judgment.
We encourage living in goodness, respect for, and right relations with all.
We serve our clients and communities with empathy. We hold space with unconditional support and understanding.
We believe in showing up fully present, with mindful awareness in all our interactions.
We recognize and celebrate the contribution of all our staff. We live by the concept – It takes a village to guide the healing journey for folks.
We strive to work efficiently and robustly toward meaningful change, healing, and transformation within our clients.
We believe in our collective wisdom and connection to all peoples, land, nature, and divine spirit.
We want to be apart of your journey
Our Five Pillars
Provide physical location wheelchair accessible, easily accessible by mass transit
- Offer virtual and in-person visits
- Operate seven days per week including evenings and weekends to accommodate for varying work schedules, child-care needs, religious observances
- Onsite medical doctor / primary care physician
- Train LK Staff in holistic, indigenous way of providing client services
- Operate a clinical internship program within the organization
- Espouse a decolonized approach that incorporates the varied experiences and voices of staff
- Provide wellness workshops centering on the seven dimensions of wellness; including Yoga, Dance, Nutrition, Financial
- Foster creative Arts space for children and adults to share their art via the website, connected to gift shop, in an effort to showcase community talent and to raise money to put back into the community
04. CULTURALLY RELEVANT CARE
- Provide therapeutic and psychosocial support in Haitian Creole, Spanish and Arabic
- Provide therapy from a historical lens with understanding of the historical trauma and genocide that continues to impact communities of color
- Improve diversity of clinicians and inclusive approaches that welcome all faith, cultural/ethno/racial backgrounds, sexuality, gender identities
- Collaborate with leaders in a variety of communities, locally and nationally
- Be the hub for providing community Linkages – psychosocial resources for folks e.g. Housing, food pantry, religious spaces of worship, advocacy programs such as resources for folks impacted by DV situations